PRODUCT SPECIFICATION SHEET
* * *
GEMS Mango Flour is derived from the mango kernel of Philippine variety. Naturally rich in vitamins, minerals, dietary fiber, polyphenols (anti-‐oxidants), and digestive enzymes, it is a healthier option for your baking and cooking needs. Themango flour (MF) is processed mildly from fresh mango kernels to preserve its beneficial and nutritious ingredients. It is also unbleached to retain its natural food colour. Polyphenols in MF are anti-‐aging and anti-‐cancer agents; in addition, its high anti-‐oxidant activity helps strengthen the immune system. The beneficial dietary fibers and digestive enzymes in MF also help facilitate efficient food intake and digestibility.
Made of 100% mango kernel of Philippine variety
Light creamy brown, free-‐flowing powder with faint mango scent and slight bitter taste due the presence of polyphenols.
- Moisture (%) 12 max Oven drying
- Ash (%) 2 max Ignition -‐ Gravimetry
- Protein (%) 7 min Kjeldahl Method
- Total Plate Count < 5000 cfu/gram FDA-‐BAM
- Yeast & Mold Count <100 cfu/gram FDA-‐BAM
- E.coli Negative FDA-‐BAM
- Salmonella per 25g Negative FDA-‐BAM
- Listeria per 25g Negative FDA-‐BAM
GEMS Mango Flour is used as an ingredient for cooking, baking bread, pastries, cakes, other bakery products, and in preparing food products such as pasta and noodles.
The recommended GEMS Mango Flour usage level for cooking and baking is from 10% to 50% of the flour requirements in the recipe. Usage level can be adjusted based on taste preference as mango flour has a slightly bitter taste due to the presence of polyphenols (anti-‐oxidants).
Kraft paper bags with PE liner at 10-‐lb and 25-‐lb net weight per bag
Stand-‐up re-‐sealable plastic pouches at 250-‐g, 500-‐g, and 1-‐kg net weight per pouch
The following should appear on the product label:
- Brand name and logo
- Production description, specifically, the words: “GEMS Mango Flour”, “Unbleached”, and “All Natural”.
- Name and address of the manufacturing company
- Net weight
- Shelf life
- Manufacturing date
STORAGE LIFE AND CONDITIONS
Storage life of this product is one (1) year from the date of manufacture, when stored under the following conditions:
- Dry ventilated conditions
- Storage temperature not exceeding 35oC
- Product not stored together with materials that emit strong odors.
- Storage area must be maintained under GMP conditions.
GEMS Mango Flour NUTRITION FACTS
RECOMMENDED USAGE LEVEL
The recommended GEMS Mango Flour usage level for cooking and baking is from 10% to 50% of the flour requirements in the recipe.